Friday, November 16, 2007

My Love of Aprons.

Why do I love aprons so much? Maybe because they represent time in the kitchen being creative and serving my family.
I often wonder what secrets they hold.
How many little tears did my aprons wipe off of little faces?
What holiday's did they prepare food for?
How many times did they dash out the door to get the mail?
What loving hands made them?
I have started a tradition around me.
I went to my Daughter's house the other day she is the Mom of four little boys and she had an apron on.
This may sound silly but I was so overwhelmed with joy,why you ask,because She has seen me wear mine for years and now she to is an apron wearer.
My sister Sherri searches antique stores for you guessed it aprons!
My neice Jamie is now an apron wearer.
If you want to purchase an apron and create your own memories check out Isabellas Closet on Etsy as she has wonderful aprons with a past!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't forget to wear your apron!
Hugs,
Anna

10 comments:

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Anna:
Greetings to Bloglandia : )
I am a many year friend of Mary's and Amy's. Mary posted you and your new blog on a post today and I remember how kind she was to me when I started (Luckily I knew her well from e-bay) and I was nervous : )
Please feel welcome and know you will have fun with all of us : )
Peace
carole

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Anna, my name is Shelley ! I poped over from Mary's (Isabella's Closet) to say Hi and welcome to the world of blogging ! Come to see me.

Blessings,Shelley

marylou said...

Hi Anna,
I too extend my welcome to blogland!! This is an awesome community and the gals are simply grand!! I know you will enjoy your time spent here as I have and continue to do so:) Inserts big hug here! ((((Anna))))
Hug Life, Marylou

Mary said...

I wrote a story a few years ago called, "Grandma's Apron." I have an apron and always keep my eye open for vintage ones. I can still tell you the pattern of many of Grandma's aprons and she passed away in 1974. They wiped tears, brought veggies in from the garden, apples from the orchard, eggs from the hen house, potatoes from the root cellar and so much more. There's nothing so versatile as an apron. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are apron wearers.

Welcome to blogger.

Blessings,
Mary

Betty said...

Anna,
Welcome to blogland! I also love aprons. They just say "home" to me.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Welcome to blogland!! So nice to meet you! I love aprons! My mom wore an every day I can remember and so I love them because they remind me of her! She still wears her aprons every day and I think I may have to start wearing them soon, too! Hmmm- first maybe I should learn to cook? Hehe!!
Michelle

a Pocket Angel said...

Anna, I love aprons too! I've collected them for years. My Mother, Grandmother, and Godmother always have one on. I wear them everyday at home and at work. My Godmother Ann made and sold the most belautiful aprons. I remember as a young girl watching her sew and thinking how when I grew up I too wanted to make beautiful aprons...Now when I make my aprons I think of my Godmother. Thanks for the sweet post and lovely memories. Hugs & Love ~Mary~:-}

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Anna, I have just come on over from Mary's blog (Isabellacloset).
isn't it wonderful that the apron tradition continues. I know there are certain style aprons that remind me of different women in my life -Mum, Grandma and Great Aunt. Each of them wore a different style.
Alison

bj said...

Hi, my name is bj and I'm very pleased to meet you. Mary at Isabella's sent me and I'm so glad she did.
I love aprons, too and plan to make a few after Christmas.
You have a lovely blog and I will add you to my blogg roll.
Pls. come see me sometime.
bj

FourSistersInACottage said...

Hi Anna,
WELCOME TO BLOGLAND!!! I am so EXCITED you have joined us. It's so much fun and everyone is GREAT!!!
I love the picture of your aprons. How FUN!!!
Love you bunches,
Amy