Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day!


It is a beautiful day and I thank God that I can appreciate the sunshine the birds chirping and my border collie who always loves me.
My hubby Bill the cowboy as he is known by many just came back from his yearly DeAnza trail ride.They usually ride their horses a total of 190 miles in 7 days.
This is the first time he has come back injured.
His horse fell and rolled over on him on Thursday.
Everyone that was near him jumped off their horses and helped and then he rode the last mile and a half into camp on Poke (the horse).
Well Bill's 80 year old Dad was a driver and took him to Hemet hospital where he spent Thursday night and part of Friday morning.
He dislocated his shoulder and is swollen on the right side of his body from head to toes.His right arm is in a sling thing strapped to his side.
I will be taking him to our regular doctor tomorrow as the doctor at the hospital wants him to see an orthopedic surgeon.
I thank God that he wasn't hurt worse.
I try very hard to apply an attitude of gratitude to my every day life.
I am a glass half full girl and can laugh at myself and cry with other's.

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Thank goodness you are a 'glass half full girl' makes coping with these sorts of things easier.
Hope all goes well for Bill at the Doctors
Alison

Marcela said...

I wish you the best with your husband
Take care
Hugs
Marcela

a Pocket Angel said...

Oh Anna how awful about your Hubby.. Thank God he wasnot hurt worse! I sure bet he's in lots pain right now. I LOVE the photo of him on his horse, he should be in the movies..
It's wonderful that you have such a good attitude.. I need to be more like you my precious friend.
Hope your hubby will be feeling much better soon.
You take care too.
Hugs & love ~Mary~ :-}

a Pocket Angel said...

Anna, I Hope your hubby is all better by now..
I want to wish you a very "Happy Mother's Day" tomorrow.
Hope you have a FABULOUS day!
Hugs & love to you sweet friend.
~Mary~:-}